The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Friday, June 12, 2009

What have I done to myself?

Cover of "The Old Man and the Sea"Cover of The Old Man and the Sea

So yesterday I mentioned that I had read The Old Man and the Sea but then committed the horror of saying 'More later'! Now I am committed, so that puts me in a time/word deficit!

I mentioned that the theme I specially noted on this reading was manhood. From the arm wrestling story to the drinking shark liver oil, the driving of the harpoon and especially the humble acceptance of his supposed ensuing ruin at the end, the Old Man exemplified the strength and maturity that a real man should have. I appreciate the model of the man.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!