The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Thursday, June 11, 2009

Doctor Day

Not to be confused with my first grade teacher, Mrs. Day, or her son the priest who ended up recruiting me into the seminary after 8th grade, Father Day; yesterday was a Dr. day in that yesterday was devoted to doctoring my Kiki. She had a lab in the AM followed by a long appt. with Dr. Ihde, and then a long afternoon in outpatient getting some much needed fluids pumped into her veins. It was good to know they could do that on an outpatient basis. She felt better right away, and it is just plain good for her.

I used the day to read, while I sat by her in the little room and she mostly slept. I read all of The Old Man and the Sea (Hemmingway) yesterday. I've read it before, but really enjoyed it all the more this time. It speaks so much to what it means to be a real man. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!