The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Monday, December 12, 2011

Me and Paul Harvey: We go WAY back!

How many people have sent something in to Paul Harvey's radio show, and then heard it read on the air?  I don't know either, but I am one of them!  It was in 1985 (I think).  And I just happened to pull over and listen to his noon broadcast that day in Ketchikan Alaska when he said "I wouldn't believe this if I had not seen it with my own eyes, but here is a tag found in a new roll of carpet, sent in by a carpenter in Alaska:  "Installer:  Please install fabric side up."

It's funny what kinds of immaterial things can become highlights of a life, and if this does not rate that high, it is at least a memorable event.

But do you Remember this classic?  Paul Harvey at his best, speaking about THE highlight of life itself.

7 comments:

  1. You may be the most famous person I know. Gonna go work on my 6 degree separation thing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wait...I just remembered I have a friend who drove Betty White around Phoenix. That is a close call, you or Doil Smith? Thinking this over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about 'famous' Jo though I have heard that I'm rather 'lovely'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I shook hands with James G. Watt while he was Reagan's secretary of the interior!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Paul Harvey. Good Day.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!