The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Friday, December 30, 2011

PUNCHLINE; "Wow, that's a lot of pills!"

So I go in to pay for my gas this afternoon and there are four clerks behind the counter: Young woman, middle-age woman, 30 something man and old(er) woman.  They are all talking to each other about pills.

Yw. says "I take some pills every day."

30sm. says "You know how many pills I take?"  and then flourishes a big zero with his thumb and forefinger.

Maw. says she takes some vitamins and a few pills.

Ow. who is taking my payment says "You don't want to know how many pills I take!  $27.38"

That's when I suddenly join the discussion.  "Wow, that's a lot of pills!" I say, and then after all four lend their attention, "Twenty seven thirty eight??!"


Ow. rejoins dryly with, "Watch out, we have a sharp customer in here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!