The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Saturday, October 1, 2011



If only to demonstrate the very versatility, I made my icon below larger than most!


Thank you to GPD (Gene Pool Diva) over at DGP (Diminishing Gene Pool) for nominating me for the VBA (Versatile Blogger Award)!  Apparently if you're good at acronyms, you're IN (in)!  BTW, her real nickname is TEG (The Enforcer General), which when translated from the Latin, means Big Sister (BS).

Anyway, in order to receive this award thingy I am supposed to reveal seven things about myself.

1  I went to 12 years of Catholic school (including four years at a high school, boarding school, seminary) but finally heard the Gospel when I was in a public college!

2  I was the master of the unicycle back in the day, but marvel now at the tricks kids do on skateboards and mountain bikes etc.!

3  I have three great kids that can't be beat, but what really just makes me smile, is the thought of my 2 1/3 Grandkids!  (The one third is scheduled for completion and delivery next March)

4  I've done finish carpentry work on 45 million dollar yachts (PJY), but don't even own a canoe.

5  I've been roofing all summer, but my own roof now leaks!

6  Last week I made chili from scratch for the first time in my life, but it is all gone!

7  I seem to start a lot of sentences on a positive note, but then conclude them not with 'ifs' or 'ands', but 'buts'! 

Bonus: 8  I want to write at least one post in the clever style of GPD, but I am going to try!

And now I get to nominate FIFTEEN blogs to receive the VBA.  (If this keeps going at this rate the real award will go to the one blog left UNnominated in the end!)



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award but could you please make it a little bigger next time, I'm having trouble making out the words ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award. It's good to know more about you.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BS! BS! Why do I hear Dad snickering?

    Just so you know, the BS gene is a curse, er gift from Mom. Dad's a sweetheart. You are too clever my friend and the minute I get back from my work trip I'll check out your list of blogs.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!