The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Sunday, October 16, 2011

Coming Clean: A Ten to One, 55 Word Story

My sister emails her story to the rest of us.
Older brother, sixty something, chimes in with his tale.
Annie 
They share with good humor and familial concern.
I have my own story to tell:
Waiting on the table, taking meds,
I finally asked my wife.
“Will they begin soon?”
“Are you kidding?
It's done!"
Colonoscopy

Paul












Pictured are two of my seven clean living siblings.  No.  No OTHER pictures will be shown.

9 comments:

  1. Ugh! I've had two due to a strong family history. I'm due for #3 in December and am dreading it… but it IS better than colon cancer.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. :) I saw "Coming Clean" but never guessed what direction you were going in until it was too late. Nice job. Very image-provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Rob doesn't get one soon, I'll sign him up for so much overtime, he'll be sorry. Funny post Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joyce That's what they say Joyce!

    @Susan I was hoping the title wouldn't give TOO much away Susan.

    @GPD The Enforcer General at work! Yipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fooled me totally! Again, good job, but YUCK! I'd say TMI, but actually I'm glad to know you are taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jo Thanks Jo. Consider that your sur-PRIZE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me laugh and, yes, the last line was unexpected :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, this was so much better than the last 2! schedule for the afternoon, and then you only have to drink half the night before and half the morning of. you can wait 15 minutes between glasses instead of 10. I could go on and on about how much better it was. Annie (pictured above)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, great job saying it in a few words. You are amazing which is why I am giving you an award! Stop by to pick it up!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/2011/10/tell-me-all-about-yourself-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!