The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Thursday, June 30, 2011

MillerPredicts! or, MillerLobbys!

Just in case next week's theme for the Group Blog Experience: 2 happens to be "Percy Faith and his orchestra playing A Summer Place", I will be getting the first poster award!  This is my all time favorite piece of music!  (Haven't I already admitted to being a simple guy?)

This live recording by the orchestra  on some kind of rough sound stage and with a real audience may not be the best version out there (in fact it seems to play a little too fast) but it is extra enjoyable for me to see the violin bows running up and down, the fingers plucking the strings, and the french horns in action.   I hope you like it too!  I even like it more than I like blue jay music!
BTW, if "Percy Faith and his orchestra playing A Summer Place" is NOT next weeks theme assignment,
IT CERTAINLY SHOULD BE!

2 comments:

  1. This song reminds me of Animal House.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce; you're going to have to explain that one! I must be missing SOMEthing.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!