The 'BARKING OWL' always has something to say, and like the feathered version, can be either WISE...............or ANNOYING!







Monday, April 10, 2017

HATE in HELL

                       Did you see the INTRODUCTION to this A to Z series? Check it out here.










Don Adams, as Maxwell Smart, spoofed James Bond so well in the classic 1960s TV show "Get Smart." You just gotta love it! Which...is like the opposite of HATE. But HATE has its place. We need it to hate it, as the psychologist character in the video has just explained.

I think we will agree that there are in fact plenty of things worth HATING. I hate when I drop my pizza on the ground...face down! I hate snow plows when they come by and leave a giant berm of snow across my driveway just when I have to leave for work! I hate misunderstandings, and I hate lies and I hate fake news. I hate the devil (My Mom once told me that was OK.), and his evil (HATEFUL) plots to distract us from a relationship with God.


Finally. I've hit upon the ultimate good purpose for that vile feeling. To HATE what is evil. All that is evil. All corruption and transgression and lawlessness are worth HATING. Proverbs 6 tells us of 7 things "the Lord HATES":


There are six things the Lord hates,

seven that are detestable to him:

haughty eyes,

a lying tongue,

hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.


Do you feel the ire rising up within you at the thought of each of these activities? I do. As God does. We would all be better off without them, and one day, we can be. "Without them," that is. In heaven, there will be humility instead of haughtiness, truth instead of lies, no violence or scheming, no evil to rush into nor any reason to lie, and no possibility of stirring up conflict! Nothing to HATE.

In hell, on the other hand, there will be nothing to love! Everything said or done or felt or thought will only be always HATEABLE, as well as HATEFUL. And every act of HATE will be met and answered (and raised) with more HATE. Can you remember the one time (or the worst time) when you felt an overwhelming flood of HATE toward someone? Such a wrenching outpouring will be magnified over and over in hell until the HATE itself will be a combustible thing that may actually be the very fire of hell. It will flow both ways, and always be burning as much whether being given or being taken. People in hell are prisoners of torment, but they are also the perpetrators of hell's flames.

Psalm 11:5 The Lord examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.





By the way...MILLERWRITES copy is COPYRIGHTED. Why cut and paste when you can simply copy the link?

1 comment:

  1. Sobering thought.
    Except the GET SMART video, of course, which is far from sober.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see your response so, unless you can leave a pizza, please leave the next best thing; your comment!